Asus P8Z77-M Pro Motherboard RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I purchased this motherboard and am trying to set up my WHS 11 but it keeps asking me for drivers for the hard drive right at the start of the installation. I have tried various drivers from the ASUS website with no luck, intel doesn't appear to have any either. Is their a workaround or somewhere else I cant get some drivers for this??

Cheers

Vossy

Monday, June 25, 2012 11:41 PM

All replies

• What hard disk are you using? Try connecting it to the Z77 ports if it's connected to the ASMedia red ports now or vice versa.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:02 AM
  • Using WD Cavier Blue 500GB, I currently have it connected to the "white" 6GB's sata ports, have tried one of the  blue ports but it didn't work either.  I shall try one of the blue ports again.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:20 AM
  • Try the Red ones as that puts it on a different controller (ASMedia). Still confused as to why it's asking for drivers for a SATA HDD.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:25 AM
  • There is no red ones in this motherboard only 4 x blue sata II and 2 x white sata III
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:27 AM
  • Apologies, the red ones are the eSATA ports which are no good for internal drives!! Are the ports enabled in the BIOS and set to AHCI? If so, it may be asking for AHCI drivers - have you tried the W7 64-bit Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers. If those don't work, set it to a standard IDE in the BIOS and see if that works

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:43 AM
  • tired both those options as well as different hard drives and cables, I have read that maybe these don't work with WHS11?? I hope not..Any more ideas anyone?
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 3:30 AM
  • *BUMP*
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 10:13 PM
  • Have you tried installing another operating system? Windows 7 x64 would be the best test case...

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 11:15 PM