Windows 7 activation not working RRS feed

• Question

• So I bought a used computer from a guy who fixes and resells-had for a while and computer crashed-computer friend (yes does computers for a living) had to boot through a different external drive to get the stuff off the computer then reloaded it to this computer to get it to work. I have windows 7 ultimate (or am supposed to).  Everything works fine execpt that it says my win 7 is not genuine.  I have no activation key except for the win xp pro on the bottom that the computer originally came with.  what do i do to get this to say it's genuine.  Is there another place in my system that might show me my product code so I can enter it? I REALLY don't want to go all the way back to xp pro if I don't have to.  I did pay $275 for this computer because it had windows 7.  P.S. the guy who sold it says he doesn't have the key anymore and the only thing he can do is wipe it completely and start over. I find this very odd, but that's what I was told.  Please Please Help I've been jipped enough lately.

Saturday, June 25, 2011 1:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• In order to analyze and troubleshoot your issue, please download and run the  Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool.  Then click on the  Continue  button, the  Copy  button, and then paste in this thread.  Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    Saturday, June 25, 2011 2:26 PM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 6:09 PM