none
Duplex communication in an Interactive SOA service

Question

• I am trying to implement the 'interactive mode' for one of the projects using https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/windowshpc/2013/03/14/hpc-pack-soa-tutorial-iii-interactive-mode/

Is there a way to get the 'intermediate' results from the cluster in a duplex mode? My HPC SOA program calls another dll with "callback" mechanism on the worker node(s). It works fine as long as the SOA dll calls it, gets the results from the callback, collates them together and sends it back to the HPC client in a single 'batch'. 

What I want to be able to do is to send the "intermediate" results back to the HPC client through some sort of duplex communication mechanism. How can I achieve that? (something similar to WCF wsDualHttpBinding).

• Edited by SRIRAM R Sunday, October 02, 2016 2:59 PM
    Sunday, October 02, 2016 1:45 PM

All replies

• Hi SRIRAM,

HPC SOA programming model supports one way (from V3/2008 R2) and request-reply (from V2/2008) message exchange patterns, but not duplex. The service cannot have a callback contract for the service hosts to call back on the client via the broker node.

To send the 'intermediate' results back, you may implement another in-band service operation for the client to pull the results periodically, or implement an out-of-band communication directly between service hosts and the client.

Regards,

Yutong Sun

Sunday, October 09, 2016 4:25 AM