301 Redirect issues RRS feed

• Question

• Live.com seems to be indexing old urls with 301s (search engine friendly) as well as the new urls. I assume this causes major dup content issues. How can I help MSN get my site, www.hill-country-visitor.com indexed accurately?

Saturday, March 29, 2008 11:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry for the long delay. If you are still experiencing issues, please let me know.

Brett

Thursday, May 29, 2008 5:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Sorry for the long delay. If you are still experiencing issues, please let me know.

Brett

Thursday, May 29, 2008 5:40 PM
  • Hey Brett,

Maybe my problem isn't 301 related after all. A couple of weeks ago, my site was hit with a sql injection. All content from the home page was deleted...blank page only. This page (#2 for texas hill country in google for years) has never been ranked by MSN. Without the content, I went to #5 for texas hill country. When I got the site restored, it went back to being unranked. NOW THAT'S FUNNY. I can only assume that your algo thinks I'm trying to game the system by being properly seo'd. Personally, I think your algo has outsmarted itself. SERPs that are not relative translate into 10% of the search market.  I'm sure you can't tell me why your algo doesn't like my site. And, I know you have nothing to do with advertising...and, my little $100,000 figure PPC budget isn't worth a second thought to a giant like MSN. Anyway, I appreciate your response. Please let me know if I can do anything to help you. Thanks. Jim www.hill-country-visitor.com (FYI, we're about 140,000 on Alexa. Just for fun, take look at the Alexa ranking for your texas hill country SERP.)

Friday, May 30, 2008 5:42 AM