70-680 Exam RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

i am due to sit my exam in a few weeks time, i have had plenty experience as i have just passed a unit in my HNC computing course on client ops - solely based on everything windows 7 and we worked through the entire Craig Zacker version of the Microsoft Windows 7 Configuration book, where we sat a 45 question multiple choice test to pass the unit - i got 96%.

What i want to ask is i have read from several sites and from different people who have done the exam - what format is the exam in? Many have had a 50 question multiple choice exam, some had labs and other had a mix of both. I'm finding it difficult to revise for this given not knowing the format - i.e. im not the best at remembering command line stuff, in all honesty im terrible.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:39 AM

Answers

• Plan on studying for BOTH multiple choice and lab-type questions.  You should consider getting the MS Press or other book to help prepare for the exam as these books contain the needed information and sample practice questions for the exam.
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:25 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi MTFAustin,

Charles Putnam is right. I agree with his advice.

Additionally, I would strongly suggest that you get really familiar with the Windows 7 command line, by thoroughly understanding, and remembering, your Windows 7 commands. The command line is tested much more than the GUI on the exam, and is therefore more important for you to understand.

The book I would recommend you acquire is the Windows 7 Portable Command Guide by Darril Gibson. It is available from Amazon.com and other leading resellers, and currently has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 on Amazon.

Good luck in your studies.

James

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 1:31 PM

All replies

• Plan on studying for BOTH multiple choice and lab-type questions.  You should consider getting the MS Press or other book to help prepare for the exam as these books contain the needed information and sample practice questions for the exam.
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:25 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi MTFAustin,

Charles Putnam is right. I agree with his advice.

Additionally, I would strongly suggest that you get really familiar with the Windows 7 command line, by thoroughly understanding, and remembering, your Windows 7 commands. The command line is tested much more than the GUI on the exam, and is therefore more important for you to understand.

The book I would recommend you acquire is the Windows 7 Portable Command Guide by Darril Gibson. It is available from Amazon.com and other leading resellers, and currently has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 on Amazon.

Good luck in your studies.

James

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 1:31 PM