none
How to replace deleted files in the right folder in echo sync mode? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. Sync Toy is a great tool. I really like it. I have a question concerning the sync task.

I want my right folder always resurrected by my left folder. So I make a echo sync. So far so good. But deleted files in the right folder are not replaced again from my original folder (left folder) by sync-ing.

How can i manage this? If the solution is a work-around by pairing those folders each time new, I would like to know whetar it is leading sync toy to unproper working or not. (getting confused by pairing the both folder again and again always new).

Thank you very much!

Friday, April 30, 2010 8:57 PM

Answers

• You would have to pair them over and over again only if the synctoy files are getting deleted. Check folder options, show hidden files. You should find .dat files with names that start with synctoy. Synctoy will ask to pair the folders each time these get deleted.
    • Marked as answer by cenaps Tuesday, May 4, 2010 2:05 AM
    Sunday, May 2, 2010 6:22 AM

All replies

• You would have to pair them over and over again only if the synctoy files are getting deleted. Check folder options, show hidden files. You should find .dat files with names that start with synctoy. Synctoy will ask to pair the folders each time these get deleted.
    • Marked as answer by cenaps Tuesday, May 4, 2010 2:05 AM
    Sunday, May 2, 2010 6:22 AM
  • Many Thanks. And the windows sync system wouldnt get scrumble down? Just deleting those dat.s and thats it?

Sorry for being suspicous but I had big problems cause i just moved the paired folders. It was hard to gain control again :)

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 2:08 AM