Live Meeting audio 15-minute time out RRS feed

• Question

• During a Live Meeting session or training, my computer audio automatically shuts off after exactly 15 minutes. The video and all other portions of Live Meeting software continue to work perfectly.

I can call up on a phone line to again hear the session audio.

I've checked my Control Panel audio settings, and they are not muted.

Does anyone have tips about what could be going on, and how to correction this?

Thanks very much,

sfglobalgirl

Friday, September 19, 2008 6:51 PM

All replies

•  

Hi there,

Are you using Microsoft's hosted LIveMeeting solution or are you connecting to an OCS environment for on-premise LiveMeeting?

Thanks.

Sunday, September 21, 2008 7:32 PM
  • Did you ever figure this one out?  We are seeing the same problem here.
    Friday, December 12, 2008 5:25 PM
  • Since she mentions 'calling up on a phone line' I assume that it's the Hosted Live Meeting service since OCS 2007 (without a third-party add-in) doesn't support PSTN voice calls directly into a meeting (until R2, that is). 
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Friday, December 12, 2008 5:50 PM
  •  Jeff,

Maybe you can help me out. We have OCS and LIVE Meeting servers deployed.  If we start a live meeting on this campus (web cam to roundtable)  the meeting will stay alive for well over an hour.  If we start a live meeting(locally hosted) to between two of our sites (Texas to Ca) the meeting will stop in 15 minutes.  The following message appears when the session is terminated: "for security reasons related to the server this meeting has ended"

Any ideas?
    Friday, December 12, 2008 6:20 PM
  • That sounds like the default - timeout.  There is a timeout after the last authenticated user leaves the meeting will stay active for 15 minutes.  You can change this via WMI.

--geoff
    Monday, December 29, 2008 12:44 AM