Outlook client - Displaying "xxx Contacts synchronized to outlook" although I have unchecked contact synchronization option RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

One of my client was facing issues while synchronizing his outlook appointments with crm. When he tries to synchronize, in synchronization dialogue, under errors tab, there were 2 contacts and in description its mentioned that, "A record was not created or updated because a duplicate of the current record already exists". I have googled it and found there might be issue if same user have different email addresses in database. I have checked that and updated correct email addresses in database. Still issue is there.

After this, I tried to disable contact synchronization from his outlook. When we disable it (also we have removed local data group for "My Contacts" ) and click on "Synchronize with Outlook" option, in synchronization dialogue, its displaying "1000 contacts synchronized to outlook". I have stopped synchronization because I don't want any duplicate data either in outlook or in crm web.

My questin is, what will happen if I continue to synchonize these contacts? Will that create any duplicates although I have disabled Contacts synchonization?

Friday, May 30, 2014 7:07 AM