Outlook: Set Regarding to custom CRM Entity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I have a problem: my CRM Users are unable to set an email as Regarding To some custom entity. All users have read/write/create/append/ and append to rights to both Activities and the custom crm entities.

It is interesting because if they create an activity via outlook or the web client, click on "regarding", then they then all the custom CRM entities shows up. If they want to set an email Regarding To in outlook - some custom entities are not showing up. I have tried everything and can't figure out where does the problem lie. Even if I temporarily assign them administrators rights, not all custom entities are now showing up (not even after synchronizing outlook with CRM). They of course have full licences...

Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated.

Ignas

Thursday, March 7, 2013 4:06 PM

Answers

• Hi There,

No, This is not enabled there.

I have found a solution though, I have "disconnected" the CRM Organization in CRM Plugin for Outlook Configuration Wizzard and added the same organization again. Upon launching the Outlook the new custom CRM entities have appeared at SET REGARDING.

Friday, March 22, 2013 2:37 PM

All replies

• It might be outlook caching the old values. You can try clear the users temp files from IE and then reopen outlook.

Hope that helps

Paul

Sunday, March 17, 2013 9:38 AM
  • Please clear cache in outlook from following location:

File->Options->Advanced->Custom Forms->Manage Forms->Clear Cache

This should clear all old forms. Restart outlook after this. Users will see the new forms. 

Hope this helps.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Minal Dahiya
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Monday, March 18, 2013 10:50 AM
  • I have tried this and unfortunately it did not work. I have also trying to erase CRM Plugin's temporary cached files and it did no good either. Even if I assign the user CRM Administrator's rights temporarily, they still can't see the custom entity in CRM's set regarding field.

Any other suggestions?

Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:45 AM
  • When yo goto Customizations --> Customize the System and look for you entity. Can you check if 'Sending e-mail' checkbox is enabled? Keep in mind it will create an e-mail field if none currently exist.

Thursday, March 21, 2013 3:44 PM
  • Hi There,

No, This is not enabled there.

I have found a solution though, I have "disconnected" the CRM Organization in CRM Plugin for Outlook Configuration Wizzard and added the same organization again. Upon launching the Outlook the new custom CRM entities have appeared at SET REGARDING.

Friday, March 22, 2013 2:37 PM