WinXP license RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

Would like to ask if there is a way to check if a cd-key for win xp and office SBE 2003 for the current pc can be used on how many pcs?

Thanks

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 7:34 AM

Answers

• "WinxpLicense" wrote in message news:614f841d-2cfd-4430-b575-9be0dced2dbc...

Hi Noel,

Thanks for the reply.

How about those VLKs? Is there a way to check if the cd-key i have used on the pc is a VLK?

I am trying to do a check for my coy's PCs but I could not find where are some of the stickers left by the previous support tech.

VLK's in XP usually have a CID (the second group of characters in the Product ID) in the ranger 640-650
    to be certain, run an MGADiag report on the machines - this will also tell you whether the Key is still a valid one.
    <boilerplate>
    To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
    </boilerplate>

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 8:00 AM

All replies

• "WinxpLicense" wrote in message news:e24c59f4-c6b7-4126-8270-2122c1f6523b...

Hi, 

Would like to ask if there is a way to check if a cd-key for win xp and office SBE 2003 for the current pc can be used on how many pcs?

Thanks

ALL Windows XP Keys are only valid for a single install on a single computer.

As far as I am aware Office SB editions are only valid for a single installation on a single PC - but you need to check that in the Office forums - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2003

--

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 11:16 AM
  • Hi Noel,

Thanks for the reply.

How about those VLKs? Is there a way to check if the cd-key i have used on the pc is a VLK?

I am trying to do a check for my coy's PCs but I could not find where are some of the stickers left by the previous support tech.

Thursday, August 4, 2011 12:16 AM
  • "WinxpLicense" wrote in message news:614f841d-2cfd-4430-b575-9be0dced2dbc...

Hi Noel,

Thanks for the reply.

VLK's in XP usually have a CID (the second group of characters in the Product ID) in the ranger 640-650
    to be certain, run an MGADiag report on the machines - this will also tell you whether the Key is still a valid one.
    <boilerplate>
    To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
    </boilerplate>

--

Thursday, August 4, 2011 8:00 AM
  • Thanks!! Will try it :)
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 8:03 AM