CRM 2013 Content Management RRS feed

• Question

• We're using CRM 2013 and customer also wants Knowledge Base Content Management. The Knowledge base KB article that comes with CRM 2013 OOB is not sufficient. Customer wants a content management that can provide voting, favorite, survey, searches with auto complete, suggestions, notifications, and featured page. Does anyone know a any good solution out there that can tie to CRM? Thanks.
    Thursday, July 24, 2014 7:33 PM

All replies

• I would look at SharePoint's Knowledge Base functionality and see if that handles what you want.

If so, the only question would be "how integrated do you want it?"  At the simplest, it could be a navigation item in CRM and that's it.  If you wanted to get fancy, you could tie it to Case information in CRM, and that would require a lot of design and development work.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:14 PM
  • Does SharePoint 2010 have Knowledge Base functionality? If so, we can it be used differently from the Document Management that integrates with Dynamics CRM? The kind of integration that I want is a content management app running side by side or inside CRM (iFrame, not really matter much) that provides enough functionality for content searches with suggested items along with preview of content, notifications when new content is uploaded, adding contents to favorite list, providing feedback on the contents, etc. There's a third party solution tool by Moxie Software Knowledge Base that provides similar functionality which integrates with CRM Case entity. We don't want build something from the ground up with a lot of infrastructure dev work and surface that over to CRM. Thanks.
    Friday, July 25, 2014 2:51 PM
  • Yes, SharePoint has a Knowledge Base template.  You might need to extend it to your requirements, but it would be a more robust starting point than CRM's in this case.  That said, and integration between CRM and SharePoint KB would have to be designed and built by you.  There is no native functionality in CRM or SharePoint just to stick the KB from SharePoint to CRM.

IFrame would be pretty simple, but there would be no actual communication between the two apps. 

That said, if Moxie's tool does what you need, I would start there, since you're already working in CRM.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Friday, July 25, 2014 3:18 PM