Sending email from helpdesk using email router through a workflow. RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011

I have the workflow working, sending it to the user it was assigned to and all that fancy things, but what I want is to change the From: field to the heldesk. The helpdesk is not a user in the system, but rather the email address where clients can log their problems. When the user sends an email to helpdesk it logs a case using a workflow and a queue.

The problem is I don't want the email to be sent by the current user, because I want everything done through helpdesk. The email is also sent through the router. I don't want to add the helpdesk as a user since this is a virtual email account hosted on an email hosting site.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

By the way, this is my first time working with CRM and I've only been working on it for a week, but everything is fairly simple so far, except this one thing.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 9:34 AM

Answers

• My suggestion would be to use the "Queue" feature in Dynamcis CRM 2011

You can add the helpdesk email address and specify the email router to Send the outgoing email message

When creating an email either manualy or via workflow you can then select the Queue to send From:

Hope this helps

Tony

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 12:10 PM
  • Only just spotted this - If you are trying to change the settings for the Helpdesk email address and it only exists as a queue then this can only be doen in the Queue Administration area withing settings

Tony

• Marked as answer by Sponge_Over Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:52 AM
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:33 AM

All replies

• My suggestion would be to use the "Queue" feature in Dynamcis CRM 2011

You can add the helpdesk email address and specify the email router to Send the outgoing email message

When creating an email either manualy or via workflow you can then select the Queue to send From:

Hope this helps

Tony

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 12:10 PM
  • Thank you.

Just one more questions, are there settings that I need to change in the email account used as the helpdesk?

Marilee

Programming is like a paint by numbers art piece. Creative to an extend, but everything is logical and has its precise place. Blah, it satisfies my creative need in any case.
    Monday, June 20, 2011 10:35 AM
  • Only just spotted this - If you are trying to change the settings for the Helpdesk email address and it only exists as a queue then this can only be doen in the Queue Administration area withing settings

Tony

• Marked as answer by Sponge_Over Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:52 AM
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:33 AM
  • Thanks. This helped a lot. It's something completely new to me and the company I'm working for.

This at least ensures that I'm doing things right the first time.

Greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

M Garcia

Programming is like a paint by numbers art piece. Creative to an extend, but everything is logical and has its precise place. Blah, it satisfies my creative need in any case.
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:53 AM