none
How to compare the Data from source DB to Destination DB RRS feed

• Question

• I have a specific question regarding DB migration. Let us say If source DB contains 10 tables, which we need to migrate the data to a single table in destination (in our case, source is oracle, destination is sybase).
    From the scope in DB migration testing // All data related to a particular entity is loaded in each relevant table in the target database// it is not possible to test all the records manually. Do we have any specific tool to compare the source and destination data in this case? Actually I tried long back with DBSOLO, but this tool can only compare the data If source and Destination DB schema's are equivalent and number of tables should be same.

Regards

Ravi

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 9:48 AM

Answers

• I believe Oracle and Sybase are not in MSDN forums, so it's not really clear which forum your question belongs to. I can move it to SSIS forum, but this is not exactly the right place.

Or alternatively I can move it to 'Where is the forum for' forum. But I suggest you to search for Oracle or Sybase forums in the meantime.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 7:12 PM