System job doesn't finnish (can't delete it, doesn't cancel) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I launched an import job and had some errors but the job continues to run for ever (it was only 129 opportunity records). I have a workflow on this entity that fires everytime the pipeline phase is changed (to adjust probability), but, as all records had errors, I assume they were not imported and no workflow was fired.

The problem is that now I have a system job in the state "canceling" but it seems to be doing nothing and I cannot run any other import (namely, the same one as before, now that I corrected the errors). Am I stuck in an endless loop, or is there a way to force delete of the system job ?

Note please that I am using Dynamics CRM 2011 Online.

Thanks in advance

Romeo
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 11:14 AM

Answers

• If you are using CRM Online you should open a support ticket with Microsoft, they will get back to you ina few hours. There is not much else you can do since you have no control over the Async Service or the SQL server in CRM Online.

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 11:41 AM

All replies

• You cannot delete or cancel any system job that is marked as "cancelling". You will have to wait until it is actually canceled.

You should still be able to run another import though...

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 11:20 AM
  • It is cancelling for almost three hours now, Gonzalo. The impression I get is that it is not doing anything. Do you think it will finnish at some point ?

I cannot import because after I choose the CSV file I get a "SQL Server Error". The job is queued anyway but I don't even get the chance to map the attributes or indicate what type of records I am importing.

Thanks for the help.

Romeo
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 11:39 AM
  • If you are using CRM Online you should open a support ticket with Microsoft, they will get back to you ina few hours. There is not much else you can do since you have no control over the Async Service or the SQL server in CRM Online.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 11:41 AM
  • That's what I thought also...thanks.
    Romeo
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 12:49 PM