none
Remove point and medal system because Microsoft seems unable to let it work fair to MCC and other long time users RRS feed

• Question

• We see now for a long time that it is almost impossible to propose answers, give points or whatever to MCC and other long time users. 

So I suggest that Microsoft removes this completely because it gives now a wrong impression of the activities from contributors and only demotivates to give answers in the forums.

Success
    Cor

Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:07 AM

All replies

• Sometimes when I tend to reply, I can meet such a case……:(

so this isn't a single problem of not allowing proposed answers……Seeming something wrong of MSDN.

帮助一起改进论坛质量?提交你的意见于此。
    我的博客园
    慈善点击,点击此处
    和谐拯救危机,全集下载,净化人心

Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:15 AM
  • May be this problem can be fixed? But I agree, it's frustrating. 

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Friday, February 22, 2013 5:17 PM
  • Hi everyone, sorry for the frustrating bug, the team is working on fixing this issue.

One of the workaround we had couple weeks ago for unexpected error was go into your Email/Preference setting page and change one of the properties. Any changes you submit should trigger an update in our system which may fix your problem. Can you try do that again and let us know if it works?

Dengqiang "Robin" Ren (Chinasoft) EPX Service Engineering Support Team

Friday, February 22, 2013 5:21 PM
  • Robin,

I wrote already to that as a reply, I don't know how it is with Naomi, but persons like me who help in these forums frequently probably don't use the email settings at all. Do you really think I want load my email box with 200 mails a day only with Forums alerts?

This Email feature is for those who visit the forums on weekly base.

I wont even take the chance that I change it in a way and there is again a forum bug and I cannot set it back again.

Success
    Cor

Friday, February 22, 2013 5:31 PM
  • You don't need to receive alerts. You only update your e-mail (you can even put some bogus e-mail there) in hope that the bug will be fixed.

My blog

• Proposed as answer by Livio von Büren Monday, February 25, 2013 8:55 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Cor Ligthert Friday, March 1, 2013 4:59 PM
    Friday, February 22, 2013 8:49 PM
  • @any changes you submit should trigger an update in our system which may fix your problem.

I've changed by enabling "Use NNTP Bridge", is that OK (I know I'm not using that at all)

And what's more——sometimes I cannot log on into the forum successfully, or the log-in speed is very slow, which causes my IE crashes……But www.asp.net won't have such a problem.

Maybe you can also consider doing like www.asp.net;)

帮助一起改进论坛质量?提交你的意见于此。
    我的博客园
    慈善点击,点击此处
    和谐拯救危机,全集下载,净化人心 

Saturday, February 23, 2013 12:45 AM
  • I better never ever visited this thread. I didn't have any Unexpected Errors for a long time and now I just had 5 in a row, proposing Naomi's reply as answer.

However, since you're using Chrome and there's already that possible fix with the E-Mail as told above, you should really do this.

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

I published the URL's for the icons in my signature.

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Monday, February 25, 2013 8:57 AM
  • Naomi,

This kind of solutions is something I never will do. 

It is like telling that people has to use an anchor in their car when it is sold without brakes.

It are helpdesk answers from hired employees who do also help desk support for scooters.

I know Microsoft is on many markets currently but as far as I know not yet profiling them on this market.

Cor

• Edited by Cor Ligthert Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:24 AM typo
    Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:23 AM
  • I just explained to you what Robin meant and that it will not affect you. But in any case, that solution doesn't work for marking or proposing answers of people with many points. In other words, this bug is not yet resolved and it remains unresolved for more than 5 months so far.

My blog

Thursday, February 28, 2013 4:33 PM
  • The bug when you propose an answer or mark an answer is definitely related to the number of points the person has (whose reply you are marking). When I mark replies by Ed or Naomi, I must try from 1 to 8 times before it works. I know few others will be as persistent. Most new users will stop after one attempt.

This bug has been reported and they are working on it, but we have no idea when there will be a resolution.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, March 1, 2013 3:06 PM
  • I do this kind of known fixes only if Microsoft set a disclaimer on all the opening of the forum pages like.

"These forums are now for about a half year malfunction, for using you have first ..........................."

I find myself very unhelpful if I change it for myself and leave others going in problems with this, seems I've other standards than those who suggest this.

Success
    Cor

Monday, March 4, 2013 11:18 AM