Connect Connect to RDP Gateway - Certificate Errors RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am running Vail behind a Linksys WRT610N router with UPnP enabled. Vail is unable to configure my router via UPnP (although other programs and devices have no trouble) so I have manually forwarded 80, 443, 3389, and 4125 to my Vail box. I can connect via the web, stream music, video, and pictures fine. However, when I attempt to click the "Connect" button, I get the security warning prompt for RemoteApp, but when I click Yes (Accept), I am immediately presented with an error stating "Your computer can't connect to the remote computer because no certificate was configured to use at the Remote Desktop Gateway ..."

I'm sure this error is self-inflicted, because I installed a GoDaddy SSL cert into IIS so I can use my personal domain with Vail. The question is, where should I look to assign the external SSL cert to the RD Services Gateway?

Thursday, October 14, 2010 1:57 PM

Answers

• The question is, where should I look to assign the external SSL cert to the RD Services Gateway?

I would start with Technet for information on managing a Remote Desktop Services Gateway server, but you may find that you don't have access to everything required to do what you want. Also, please bear in mind that what you're doing is unsupported; Vail has a preconfigured RD Gateway, and if you use the tools built into Vail it manages certificates on it's own.

By the way, you should only need to forward 80 and 443 to your server. 3389 and 4125 aren't needed.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:15 PM

All replies

• The question is, where should I look to assign the external SSL cert to the RD Services Gateway?

I would start with Technet for information on managing a Remote Desktop Services Gateway server, but you may find that you don't have access to everything required to do what you want. Also, please bear in mind that what you're doing is unsupported; Vail has a preconfigured RD Gateway, and if you use the tools built into Vail it manages certificates on it's own.

By the way, you should only need to forward 80 and 443 to your server. 3389 and 4125 aren't needed.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:15 PM
  • 
    "mevans336" wrote in message
    news:e2590d20-6061-4f36-8130-3ada011b526f@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am running Vail behind a Linksys WRT610N router with UPnP enabled. Vail
    > is unable to configure my router via UPnP
    >
    ---
    I have a Linksys WRT310N and a firmware upgrade did the trick for me. Should
    do it for you too.
    --
    Nancy Ward
    Windows 8 Beta Ferret

Nancy Ward
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 5:48 PM
  • There is no firmware update for the v1 WRT610N.

"mevans336" wrote in message
    news:e2590d20-6061-4f36-8130-3ada011b526f@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am running Vail behind a Linksys WRT610N router with UPnP enabled. Vail
    > is unable to configure my router via UPnP
    >
    ---
    I have a Linksys WRT310N and a firmware upgrade did the trick for me. Should
    do it for you too.
    --
    Nancy Ward
    Windows 8 Beta Ferret

Nancy Ward

Friday, October 22, 2010 11:29 PM
  • You could use the domain wizard to configure your domain name and certificate. It can manage your certificate on both IIS and Remote Desktop Gateway well.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 10:05 AM