none
Office Lens / One Drive Scanning Encryption RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking to use OneDrive for iOS in the field to scan documents that need to be protected both in transmission and in storage. 

Lets say I completed a form in the field and an applicant signs it. I then want to scan it and have it transmitted to OneDrive for Business (or an Azure Storage account) to be routed to workflow with in LogicApps, a custom application or SharePoint. As a POC this works great with teh Scan option within One Drive.

What I need to understand is the following;

a) is the document transmitted from the iOS device to OneDrive over https so the transmission is secure, 

b) if the user is currently offline (i.e no cell or wifi service), where is the scanned document saved on the device until its connected and transmitted to OneDrive, and what type of access control is limiting access to this offline file?

c) Once transmitted to OneDrive, is the document protected in OneDrive through access control and any encryption that would render the document useless if someone where to gain access to a users onedrive account?

Thanks 

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 8:50 PM

Answers