Cannot Access Open File During "Echo"? RRS feed

• Question

• I have an application directory that I'm trying to backup of an application that is always running.  One of the files is a database file that I want to backup but SyncToy gives me an access error because it is "open by another process".  I can understand how it might be a problem during a "synchronize" but for a standard echo/backup I don't see the issue.  I can copy the file fine with a standard "copy" from the command line when it is opened?
    -Craig
    Friday, November 20, 2009 4:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.  I am now using "robocopy.exe" from the command line instead since it meets my needs and has no problems copying the "open file".

For what it's worth, I was using SyncToy 2.1 and the database file was that for SageTV.  This file is apparently open all the time by the SageTV service.
    -Craig
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 7:26 PM

All replies

• HI,

Which version of Synctoy you are used?

Thanks for your report issue, Could you give me more detailed about your "database file", Why it is be opened by another process, but you still can maually copy it?

thanks.
    Joey Liang
    Your potential our passion This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, November 27, 2009 8:15 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.  I am now using "robocopy.exe" from the command line instead since it meets my needs and has no problems copying the "open file".

For what it's worth, I was using SyncToy 2.1 and the database file was that for SageTV.  This file is apparently open all the time by the SageTV service.
    -Craig
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 7:26 PM