Windows home server tv tuner RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot find any information on this, I am lookign at setting up a WHS box to replace my current 2x win7 pro machines - all they do is act as NAS storage and TV recording boxes that stream live tv to xbox 360's

I know WHS can manage media and stream to 360's but can it run an EPG + live tv / recordings like win7 media centre can  ?

If not, why not ?! :)

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 1:46 AM

All replies

• For what you are trying to do, I would suggest you are better off sticking with Windows 7.
    Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 11:29 AM
  • I know WHS can manage media and stream to 360's but can it run an EPG + live tv / recordings like win7 media centre can  ?

I agree with Phil,
    Best to use WHS for DLNA based media streaming and use an external solution like Windows 7 Media Center, XBOX 360 or alike.

WHS (based on Windows Server 2003) does not have Media Center functionality. Your best chance would be some 3th party application that supports this platform.

For EPG + live tv streaming you best option would be a TV card with driver support for Server 2003 in combination with a product like DVBLogic. But for the actual user experience you would still need an external box...

- Theo.

No home server like Home Server

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:54 PM