Upgrade from 1.6? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Will the upgrade from OneCare 1.6 to 2.0 be free, or will there be a discount for already subscribed users? Either way, I'll be spending $50 a year, why not just let me upgrade to 2.0 free, and still spend my $50 on it. Just a thought.

Friday, November 16, 2007 9:00 AM

Answers

• You have paid for a service and therefore will receive the 2.0 update as part of your subscription given that it is current.

Friday, November 16, 2007 11:20 AM

All replies

• You have paid for a service and therefore will receive the 2.0 update as part of your subscription given that it is current.

Friday, November 16, 2007 11:20 AM
  • Ok, cool. Thanks! The only reason I asked was because I knew of the many different versions of Symantec Anti-Virus, and a purchase of Symantec is only for that version (11.xx, 10.xx, 9.xx, etc.) But Symantec isn't a service though, so that would make sense.

Thanks!
    Monday, November 19, 2007 12:34 AM
  • You're welcome. As you may have / have not noticed, 2.0 is now available and will be pushed to you automatically soon. Alternately you can uninstall 1.6 and reinstall to get 2.0 now. Enjoy!

Monday, November 19, 2007 12:41 AM
  • Still waiting for my v 1.6 to tell me there's a upgrade waiting. Can't wait for it to automatically update.
    Monday, November 19, 2007 10:36 PM
  • Just to manage expectations - the update will be rolled out slowly to everyone. It could take up to 2 weeks for it to be made available to everyone.

-steve

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 1:46 AM