Why my forum is not crawled by msn RRS feed

• Question

• I added my forum to msn. But my website is not getting ranked or crawled. Please tell me what should I do now?

My forum page is:  http://www.mig33forum.com
    Saturday, September 20, 2008 2:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Both Duane and David provided good answers (Thanks guys!). MSNbot cannot crawl protected pages. Along with these suggestions, I will suggest creating a sitemap and robots.txt file. Both will help the bot identify and crawl your (available) pages.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 5:04 PM

All replies

• When I checked Live, it showed that you have nine pages indexed, which means it must have crawled it at some point.

However, most of your pages are protected, requiring a user name and password.  My understanding is that bots can't access these pages to index them.

There might be a way around this that I'm not aware of, but even if there is it seems a bit counterproductive from the perspective of a consumer.  It would mean that I would do a seach and then be presented in the results with pages that I can't actually browse without registering on your website.

... Duane

Sunday, September 21, 2008 11:31 AM
  • Viewing the source code of your home page I noticed two major problems.

1: The description meta tag is empty

2: The keywords meta  tag is empty

Your site is not optimised for successful search engine indexing by any search engine and would strongly recommend you read up on search engine optimization SEO and apply the basics to your website pages.

May I also suggest the two words index page in your title tag is also poor keyword optimization read about and use good keywords in all your meta and title tags.

If msn is crawling your website it may be ignoring you because of the lack of suitable indexing information in these meta and title tags.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:39 AM
  • Hi,

Both Duane and David provided good answers (Thanks guys!). MSNbot cannot crawl protected pages. Along with these suggestions, I will suggest creating a sitemap and robots.txt file. Both will help the bot identify and crawl your (available) pages.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 5:04 PM