locked
problem with customized field RRS feed

  • Question

  • Dear all,

     

    I've created a customized field on CRM 4 and I've set it to a read only field, after migrating to CRM 2011 I've unchecked the read only check box and then save and publish the form but nothing has changed the field still a read only field after all,

     

    could any body please advise on what may be the reason of the problem noting that I'm working on the default solution and there is no newly added soltuion on the system

     

    thanks in advance...

    Thursday, June 9, 2011 11:59 AM

Answers

  • Hi,

    I have heard people sometimes having problems with publishing not becoming active until you do an iisreset. It shouldn't be necessary and I don't know why their installations require this, probably something has been changed. This might also be what has happened to you. You could try to take a backup and restore the database to another computer and run the import-org-wizard to see if that does change this for the new environment. That would indicate that it might be a good idea to reinstall you current environment and do the import of the org.

    Please mark any answers you find helpful as helpful or answers.


    Gustaf Westerlund, CEO and Chief Architect at CRM-Konsulterna in Sweden
    Blog: http://gustafwesterlund.blogspot.com
    Swedish Dyn CRM Forum: http://www.crmforum.se
    Monday, June 13, 2011 7:26 AM

All replies

  • Have  you tried removing the field from the form. Save - publish. Adding the field back again? Have you tried adding it to a new form?


    Gustaf Westerlund, CEO and Chief Architect at CRM-Konsulterna in Sweden
    Blog: http://gustafwesterlund.blogspot.com
    Swedish Dyn CRM Forum: http://www.crmforum.se
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 8:34 PM
  • By any chance, you have custom JavaScript code that disables the field when the form is loaded? If not, I would try what Gustaf has suggested.


    Daniel Cai | http://danielcai.blogspot.com
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 9:51 PM
  • Dear Daniel,

     

    I've checked it, there is no scripts that disable the field at run time

     

    please advise...

    Sunday, June 12, 2011 9:51 AM
  • Dear G Westerlund, Ive tried to remove the field but this is visible only on the preview mode

     

    please advise..

    Sunday, June 12, 2011 10:03 AM
  • Dear all,

     

    please find that the problem has been solved, it looks like publishing customizations takes a long time to work, could anybody please tell me why this may be hapening ??

     

    thanks and best regards...

    Sunday, June 12, 2011 11:09 AM
  • Hi,

    I have heard people sometimes having problems with publishing not becoming active until you do an iisreset. It shouldn't be necessary and I don't know why their installations require this, probably something has been changed. This might also be what has happened to you. You could try to take a backup and restore the database to another computer and run the import-org-wizard to see if that does change this for the new environment. That would indicate that it might be a good idea to reinstall you current environment and do the import of the org.

    Please mark any answers you find helpful as helpful or answers.


    Gustaf Westerlund, CEO and Chief Architect at CRM-Konsulterna in Sweden
    Blog: http://gustafwesterlund.blogspot.com
    Swedish Dyn CRM Forum: http://www.crmforum.se
    Monday, June 13, 2011 7:26 AM