WHS shuts down unexpectedly RRS feed

• Question

• I have had to do a reinstall of WHS because of a power supply and motherboard issue.  I have had success with that and everything is working just fine....EXCEPT the computer shuts down randomly.  I've checked the computer's power options and everything is set with hard drive always on.  Is there another place I should check for power options.  We want the server on all the time.  That's the way it worked before without any problem.  Any ideas anyone??

Saturday, July 17, 2010 2:06 AM

All replies

• I have had to do a reinstall of WHS because of a power supply and motherboard issue.  I have had success with that and everything is working just fine....EXCEPT the computer shuts down randomly.  I've checked the computer's power options and everything is set with hard drive always on.  Is there another place I should check for power options.  We want the server on all the time.  That's the way it worked before without any problem.  Any ideas anyone??
    What exactly was the original issue?  Did you replace both the power supply and motherboard?  Have you looked at the event logs to see if there is a message something like "Last shutdown was unexpected"?
    Saturday, July 17, 2010 3:48 AM