caller-id on incoming calls not present RRS feed

• Question

•  

We have a Cisco 2811 acting as our gateway and a separate windows machine as our mediation server.  Everything is working fine (we have Exchange 2007 SP1 set up and unified messaging role isntalled/configured), however, I have noticed that when I receive a call (let's say I call from my cell phone) to my OCS line, it rings, but it just shows my cell number (even though I have a contact in my outlook).  I'm surprised that it wouldn't do either of the following:

1.  pass the caller id info and display it

or

2.  do a reverse number lookup from the GAL or my outlook contacts and display the person's name.

When I miss a call, outlook shows me a message and it does mention who it was and what location (i.e. John Doe (cell)). 

Is Communicator not capable of displaying the caller-id info or doing a reverse lookup while the phone is ringing?

Thanks for any info...

Monday, June 23, 2008 10:09 PM

All replies

• Is your Outlook contact configured with correct number?

You need to enter the full E.164 number into your contacts

E.164 is a plus with the full telephone number

Example +1123456789 (with country code)

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 4:40 PM
  • I tested that and even if I put in the full E.164 number it doesn't show up.  The number that does appear just has the area code and teh 7 digit number so maybe I need to adjust the normalization rules on our ocs server to pass in the +1 ?

Thursday, June 26, 2008 4:11 PM
  • If this is a call originating from outside of OCS you need your gateway to hand the E.164 number to OCS so you need to configure your gateway to change the number to E.164
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 10:03 PM
  • Hi,

Deli Pro is correct you can add the following code to your 2811 to enable the adding of the +1.

!
    voice translation-rule 103
     rule 1 /^\([2-9].........\)/ /+1\1/
     rule 2 /^\(...........\)/ /+\1/
     rule 3 /^\(...........\)/ /+\1/
    !
    !!
    voice translation-profile 103
     translate calling 103
    !

Apply this translation rule to your outbound dialpeer pointing to the OCS mediation server and that should resolve to names in your address book if they are normalised to E.164 RFC 3966.

Cheers

Chris

Saturday, June 28, 2008 8:18 PM
  •  

Hello,

I am having the same issue. I want to clarify what is occurring.  When a PSTN call comes in for a user with OCS phone edition client, the call is routed to the client successfully.  The communicator client rings, user can answer and be connected to the user on the PSTN connected phone.  The problem is the toast pop-up that indicates the number that is calling, is not being displayed in E164 format.  Just area code and number. This becomes a problem when the user then clicks on the number in the missed call notification or in the recent contacts list on the communicator client. That call will fail. 

Both callers number and the called number should be sent to Mediation server in E164.  I will check the gateway to see how the number is being received there an the PSTN gateway (lot of routing).  Helpful thread.

Thank you.

Jo

Friday, July 11, 2008 8:25 PM