CRM e-mail Track Cases won't keep track at all (track is lost) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have the following problem while trying to keep track to e-mail whenever I get a reply or sent one from CRM client.

First step is that after I receive a client's mail to outlook and to transform the mail into a case I track the mail to CRM.

Then form the Queue where the email apperas I open it and I transform it into a case. At this point everything looks fine, back in the email regarding is set to the cases I've just created. Then the mail appears in the cases activity wall.

Second step is to reply to the customer from CRM. Reply mail is composed and sent to the client. When I look at the sent items in outlook the CRM box shows regarding set to the case from where I've generated the reply.

Nonetheless after 5 second is set to None. here is where I start to have problems. Obviously the reply is gone from the case's activity wall.

lather when I get a client's reply the mail is not even followed by CRM. (Email configuration for CRM is set to follow track of all concerned mails). I have found a manual workaround for this issue. Set back in the sent mails the regarding value to the regarded case, then follow up manually the customer's reply and regarding in the customers reply is set to the correct case.

thanks for any hint/help you can provide me.

Regards

• Edited by Ciev Tuesday, December 24, 2013 4:56 PM
    Tuesday, December 24, 2013 4:22 PM

All replies

• I have exact the same problem.

Have you been able to fix this issue?

Thursday, December 26, 2013 10:18 AM
  • Hi, Have you solved this issue?
    Thursday, December 26, 2013 4:06 PM
  • Hi, Not yet and nobody has been able to help.. I'm guessing it's because I'm using email routes with my exchange server.. but not sure yet... If I manage to solve this problem I'll let you know
    Friday, December 27, 2013 1:15 PM
  • Thanks!
    Monday, December 30, 2013 7:57 AM
  • Hi,

I've found out that if you create/reply (check that the regarding field is well populated) emails directly from outlook the track wont be lost... incoming mails must keep into the Inbox to get tracked (so you have to disable all filters you apply to try them)..  as workaround is good I guess.

hope this information will help you, have a good year.

Cheers

Monday, January 6, 2014 4:24 PM