Click to Dial and Company_Phone_Number_Normalization_Rules

Question

• -: OCS 2007 R2 Enterprise Consolidated :-

I'm having a bit of trouble with getting Click-to-Dial working correctly from the MOC when we attempt to call a contact directly from the GAL or Outlook Personal Contacts.

Since I've gone ahead an made everyone's phone numbers in Active Directory and user's Outlook Personal Contacts E.164 formatted, all click-to-dial calls fail from the MOC.  I formatted everyone in both places so Outlook Voice Access Directory or Personal Contact dialing worked correctly.

"Call was not completed or has ended: An error occurred during the call. More details (ID:404)"

So, where I sit right now is with all my numbers in +1(xxx) xxx-xxxx format.  For OCS to send the calls to the Dialogic Media Gateway, it looks for the "+".  My Dialogic is connected to my Siemens PBX.  The PBX requires a "9" to send the call out.

When the Dialogic receives the dialed string, it's not receiving the "9" with it so the calls are failing.

I'm looking for help on how I can use the Company_Phone_Number_Normalization_Rules.txt to add a "9" for all outbound 10 digit calls.

Thanks,
    Casey

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Update
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Entering the folloing in the Company_Phone_Number_Normalization_Rules.txt file helped greatly!

#
    # +1 (xxx) xxx-xxx
    #

(\+)?(\s*1)[\s\-\.]*\(?\s*(\d\d\d)\s*\)?[\s()\-\./]*(\d\d\d)[\s()\-\./]*(\d\d\d\d)[\s]*
    +91$3$4$5

Click-to-Dial works correctly from the Global Address List and from the MOC, however, I can still not call from Personal Contacts (right click contact name, call contact).  I still have the cannot complete call error and my gateway sees the number being passwed without the "9".

Do Outlook Personal Contacts use a different set of normalization rules that I am not seeing?

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Update 2
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adding a new Normalization rule to the Location Profile similiar to the above string (just added ^ to the start of the string and $ to the end) fixed the click-to-dial from Outlook Personal Contacts.

All working now.

Monday, March 16, 2009 2:39 PM

All replies

• You should configure your Gateway to add the "9" to the phone number
    - Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    Monday, March 16, 2009 9:51 PM