Subscribing to Windows One Care RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have about 60 days left on my 90 day trial.  If I puchase Windows One Care now, will I lose the free days or will my subscription start after the free trial period?  If I am going to lose the free trial period, why would I purchase before the free trial ends?

Saturday, January 26, 2008 5:05 AM

Answers

• Sorry you do lose the free trail when you buy OneCare. I would hold off till just before the trial ends then buy

chuck

Saturday, January 26, 2008 7:50 PM

All replies

• I can confirm that you would lose the remainder of your free trial and your point is absolutely valid.  Why would you activate now if you lose the remainder of your trial?  I have just done it and am not very happy.  I am trying to raise a support issue with Microsoft about this as the status screen in OneCare advises that you should subscribe to ensure uninterrupted service.  I have interpreted this to mean that if you buy a subscription then this will commence immediately after the trial has expired.

Saturday, January 26, 2008 7:40 PM
  • Sorry you do lose the free trail when you buy OneCare. I would hold off till just before the trial ends then buy

chuck

Saturday, January 26, 2008 7:50 PM