none
how to make plug and play setup of project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

Application type - Web application to install it in 500 local machines, don't want to run on single server due to internet bandwidth issue and high resolution images and videos to run.

OS - windows 8

Visual Studio - 2013

scripting language - c#,html5,css3

Current Deployment Method -  I know how to make project setup and install it in different machine and host my web application to IIS and run my application using Chrome browser

question - i want to make plug and play option to deploy project, basic idea is to copy project setup code and all media files to pen drive and when anyone insert pendrive to local machine then it should launch my web application to chrome. 

purpose - I want to remove traditional method of installing project setup msi and then copy image/video to project media directory and then host it to IIS because I want to optimize deployment method because I have to install this application in 500 local machine and numbers can be increased as well 

Regards,

Pritesh 

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 10:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Pritesh_Dabhi,

Thanks for posting here.

This forum is about the MSBuild (usage of MSBuild, build customization, and MSBuild extensibility via tasks, loggers and hosting), as your issue is more related to the Setup of ASP.NET, you can open a new thread on that forum:

https://forums.asp.net/17.aspx/1?Installation+and+Setup

If you have some MSBuild questions, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 6:54 AM