CRM 4.0 - Moving SQL-Databases including ReportServer-Database to 64-bit RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I have the following scenario:

I have Backups of the crm-databses and the reportserver databases from an 32-bit-system.

I have to move the data to a new 64-bit machine (including SQL-Server 64-bit-Enterprise).

This machine also host the reportserver (64-bit).

Everything works fine when restoring the crm-databases (after I added some of the AD-Securitygroups to the new server)

So my CRM-System is back running.

One problem left: The report-databas could not be restored. When I try that the ReportServer-WebInterface starts with a message that says: This Versions of the database is not the correct one.....

So how to move the data from the old reports-database to the new one? Attach/detach or restore the backup won't work!

Regards

Kay

Saturday, August 2, 2008 9:05 AM

Answers

• Kay

I'm not a SQL guru or anything but I'm not sure you have to restore the SRS database.  If memory serves me correctly you can export your reports from the old server and on to the new one.  Again, I think that the RDL files which define each of your reports are basically just XML files.  To export them from your old system you need to use the DownloadReports.exe command to save each reports to RDL files and then use the PublishReports.exe command the publish them again on your new SRS installation.  Sorry, I am taking this from a CRM 3.0 guide as I left my v4.0 at work.  However, I think the commands are still the same.  In any case you should be able to find something on the web if not in here giving you step by step instructions.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Douglas

Saturday, August 2, 2008 5:12 PM

All replies

• Kay

I'm not a SQL guru or anything but I'm not sure you have to restore the SRS database.  If memory serves me correctly you can export your reports from the old server and on to the new one.  Again, I think that the RDL files which define each of your reports are basically just XML files.  To export them from your old system you need to use the DownloadReports.exe command to save each reports to RDL files and then use the PublishReports.exe command the publish them again on your new SRS installation.  Sorry, I am taking this from a CRM 3.0 guide as I left my v4.0 at work.  However, I think the commands are still the same.  In any case you should be able to find something on the web if not in here giving you step by step instructions.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Douglas

Saturday, August 2, 2008 5:12 PM
  •  

Thank you Doulas,

I only got the backup, so it seems I have to install a 32-bit system first to save my reports and then move over to the 64-bit system

Monday, August 4, 2008 10:50 PM