Account and Opportunity Intake and Granularity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I'm an AmeriCorps VISTA member working with a nonprofit that has a broad variety of relationships: service recipients, volunteers, alternative break group leaders, higher education volunteering coordinators, summer work camp participants, and referrals.

I'm trying to figure out how best to represent these relationships in accounts and opportunities. I know that, when Pinpoint is back online, I'll have access to templates for volunteer and donor tracking, so I'm not worried about that.

My question is:

Do I need to create new entities for each of the relationships, considering the very different fields that each one entails, or should I be adding cascading fields to each of the extant entities (where a dropdown determines which field set is displayed)?

Also, how do I go about attaching to accounts things like rosters and survey responses -- things that change yearly and will also be attached to discrete opportunities, but also need to be reported with accounts. Would I use an activity for this, or something else?

Cluelessly Yours,

Phil Hobrla

• Edited by phobrla Friday, August 19, 2016 5:37 PM
    Friday, August 19, 2016 5:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Phobrla,

Utilize OOB entities and Fields as much as you can. Regarding creating multiple entities create a new entity when it has lot of new fields(Non-intersecting) or the count of records in that entity is going to be massive. 

Relate your survey's to both accounts and opportunities so that its traceable from both ends. You can create custom activities if your custom entities such as surveys doesn't fit OOB activities but going for a new entity or to an activity depends on your need.

please refer this blog regarding choosing activity

Ramanathan Rajendran MCTS - Dynamics CRM

Sunday, August 21, 2016 9:10 AM