LCS Comms sign in isssue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have just had LCS Comms installed on my work PC.

If I leave it on over night, it boots me out.

When I try to sign back in again, it presents me with the sign-in account gui. My user name is auto populated and I am asked for a password.

Strange thing is I have never set a password to sign in. Upon investigation I can not see anything that will allow me to set a password.

Has anyone had this issue?? do you know how to get around it.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 4:57 AM

All replies

• I have the same issue with Communicator 2005.  Does anyone know a fix or a reasonable explanation?

Thursday, June 26, 2008 11:49 AM
  • For the record, please explain your server topologies.. Standard Edition or Enterprise Edition? Are you on LCS 2005 or LCS 2005 SP1?

Can you turn on Communicator logging, sign out and sign back in, then reproduce the issue again? Client-side SIP logs, correctly diagnosed will point to what's wrong.. You should first check your client Application logs for any errors.

On the server end, also investigate the Application logs for signs of trouble such as network connectivity issues, especially with the OCS server, and/or the client and the domain controller. I've seen this kind of flakiness happen using LCS 2005 when domain controllers go down and back up.

Stu Osborn,

Unify2

Monday, July 28, 2008 10:10 PM
  • The server is actually Office Communications Server 2007, with OCS 2005 clients (extended presence is off).  I enabled logging on the client side and receive no entries when the sign-off occurs.  Nothing in the application log and the domain controllers, LCS server, and test client were not offline.

Monday, August 4, 2008 1:09 PM
  • Hi Kevin,

OK I get you have OC 2005 clients in legacy presence mode connecting to OCS 2007. First, is your OCS 2007 environment fully patched with required hot fixes? Next, just to clarify, is there LCS 2005 in the same domain as OCS 2007? Two times now in this thread I've seen indications this was the case, your most recent post (e.g. "LCS server") and the original post. (e.g. "LCS Comms")..

Again, please.. what is your exact topology? What we need to know is AD infrastructure (Flat domain or Child domain) and OCS-specific (or LCS) server topology information. (e.g. STD Edition or Enterprise Edition).. If OCS 2007 Enterprise Edition, do you have a hardware load balancer in place and how many Front-end servers do you have in your Enterprise Pool?

Sorry to pin you down, but we must if we're to make any progress using the type-written word. Something to keep in mind if you indeed do have LCS in the mix, LCS 2005 Enterprise Edition is not supported running with a single Front-end server and no hardware load balancer and in fact that config is flaky according to Product Support. OCS 2007 is supported in a single Front-end topology without a load balancer, but DNS, server certificates and client settings must all be correct.

Thanks,

Stu

Thursday, August 7, 2008 3:43 PM