Can I "set regarding" appointment to CRM from Outlook shared "ROOM" calendar RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In Outlook we have shared calendars for Rooms, where we book our appointments. For example we have Calendar called "Executive Room" or "Interview Room" and share among us. However I noticed that we are unable to link any of those appointments to CRM via "Set Regarding" button.

Is this a permission issue or CRM does not allow to link appointments from shared Rooms. It works if for example I try to link an appointment from another from only his shared calendar but when we try to link anything from within Room shared calendar the button is not there.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Dan

We use CRM 2011 with Outlook integration

Friday, February 7, 2014 2:34 PM

Answers

• Not for "Regarding". Regarding is the record in CRM the Appointment is about, which is not the Room.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by Donyc Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:38 PM
    Sunday, February 9, 2014 12:54 PM

All replies

• Hi

For a record to be set as regarding to other record, it should be a lead, account, contact, user in crm.

CRM matches regarding field to these entities and hence relates it to that record in CRM

Friday, February 7, 2014 2:40 PM
  • Hi thanks so much, so if I understand correctly CRM does not allow you to link appointments from "Rooms" only from "user"?

Friday, February 7, 2014 3:05 PM
  • Not for "Regarding". Regarding is the record in CRM the Appointment is about, which is not the Room.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by Donyc Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:38 PM
    Sunday, February 9, 2014 12:54 PM