UPDATE: Snom OCS Edition - Conference IP-Phone MeetingPoint for OCS R1 / R2 RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

Hello, I like to update you on Snom Conference Solution for OCS R1 / R2 

MeetingPoint 

At CeBIT (03.03. - 03.08. 2009) world's largest fairground in Hannover, Germany,  snom will present its conferencing solution snom MeetingPoint. Under the beautyfull designer dress and great omni-soundsystem by Konftel a Snom (not a joke) is hidden. Like for the snom 3xx series and the elegant 820, an OCS Edition will be available. It was possible cause of the new partnership between two of Europeans leading Conference and VoIP phone manufacture.
    NOW Imagine this connected to your OCS environment
    Great isn't it? If you can’t agree, please continue reading.

One unique feature of MeetingPoint is, you can connect up to 5-ways calls on the phone audio MCU. But what can be bridged together? All you can imagine talking SIP! If you familiar with Snom’s interop, you can imagine. Snom can have up to 12 identities. Still true with OCS Edition. Cause of this you can bridge together up to 5 VoIP-provider, VoIP-Gateway or Softswitch Solutions (OCS, Nortel, Cisco, Asterisk, etc.) Are you limited to 5? No, simply bridge your meetingPoint into up to 5 Softswitch Solutions.

If you like to read more about the cool features (SD-Card Recording! etc.) delivered by Konftel, please look at

If you feel something is missing, please look at webpage. (right pane provides an "How to Configure".

By writing this, an idea came to my mind, like often regarding OCS / Snom :)

Can we turn a Snom OCS Edition in a Small Business OCS Mediation Replacement, who would like to have an “open” choice for their VoIP-Provider? It might be complicated to do and limited to 12 lines. Maybe with an Appliance based on Snom OCS technic, is necessary. Cause of SIPoverTLS and SRTP the whole thing might be protected. Just one of my crazy ideas.

I like to share another Idea: Can we have a Communicator-like Application on LINUX? I am not a LINUX fan or guru. But Snom phones are based on an embedded Linux. If a slim version of Linux can do OCS natively, why not on a full-fledged LINUX. Still not tired?

If you like this ideas, please check out http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/communicationsservertelephony/thread/9596283c-b9b5-4aea-aaf9-63ecc547e1af

Greetings from Berlin and best regards,

Jan

Jan Boguslawski | Consultant IT Infrastructure | MCSE, MCTS OCS | ITaCS Berlin | www.itacs.de
    Saturday, February 21, 2009 6:39 AM