Sync Services RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I went to the following location:

MSDN -> MSDN Library -> Servers and Enterprise Development -> Synchronization -> Microsoft Sync Framework 2.0 -> Microsoft Sync Framework -> Synchronizing Databases -> Offline Scenarios -> Getting Started : Client and Server Synchronization

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb726015(SQL.105).aspx

They have some sample code for connecting a CE device to SQL/Server.  The code is in both C# and VB.  I am getting an error with both and I cannot get the project to build.

The error is in the "Public Class SampleServerSyncProvider" class and specifically the line that reads "Me.Connection = serverConn".  When I try to build, I get three identical errors that all say:

"Reference required to assembly 'System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' containing the type 'System.Data.IDbConnection'. Add one to your project."

I don't know what this means, maybe it means I need a different referece or another reference that I don't have right now.  The sample code description doesn't give any advice.  Help!  I should also add that as of about a month ago I didn't even know how to spell .NET so I am very new to all this.

Windows Vista 32-bit; VS2008 w/ SP1; SQL/Server 2008; Windows CE 3.5; .NET Framework 3.5
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 10:26 PM

Answers

• Please install Sync Framwork 2.0 and try to reference all .DLL below in your sync project.

Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.dll
    Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.Server.dll
    Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServer.dll
    Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServerCe.dll
    System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll

Thanks.
    Leo Zhou ------ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 11:55 PM
    Answerer