Cannot change settings using Visual Ribbon Editor RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am attempting to add an alternative action to the Resolve button of a Case. I have successfully accomplished this on our development system but when attempting to edit the ribbon on the live system, these settings appear to be locked and cannot be changed. Does anyone know how I might do this?

Many thanks,

Dan 

Thursday, March 14, 2013 11:11 AM

Answers

All replies

• You could not edit the managed keys on the entities.

BTW, please close all your questions which you asked, prior to asking new questions.

If the answer helped you, remember to mark it as answer.

Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:34 PM
  • Thanks for your response. I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you mean. Could you please clarify?

Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:56 PM
  • By the means of Visual Ribbon Editor you could edit and create new buttons. The built in buttons could not be edited through visual ribbon editor. Actually, I don't know how you could edited them by this tool!

If the answer helped you, remember to mark it as answer.

Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:01 PM
  • What I want to do is to call my own custom JS function when the Resolve button is clicked. On our development system I selected the Resolve button and changed the function which is called. However, the live system appear to have some permissions that won't allow me to change this.
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:37 PM
  • Sorry I see what you mean. I thought we edited the existing Resolve button on the dev system but it's possible we added a new one. I will look into this. 
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:42 PM
  • Hi, 

You can easily change the function that the Resolve button calls using the Ribbon Workbench

1) Create a single solution with just the case/incident entity in it and the javascript webresource that contains the function you want to call

2) Load the solution in the Ribbon Workbench and locate the 'Resolve' button

3) Right-Click on the button and use 'Customise Comman'

4) Find the command added to the 'Solution Elements' and change the function and the library to your own function in the Actions.

More info here: http://ribbonworkbench.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/81981-2-customising-standard-ribbons#Customising_User_Interface_Elements

If you can't do this in live, then you may not have the customizer role. 

Best practice is to do your customisations in dev and then import into live using a solution however - so I'd recommend this approach rather than customising live directly.

hth

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public     Follow Me on Twitter
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:50 PM
    Answerer