Difference between Web Service of CRM 4.0 and CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• What is the difference between web services of CRM 4.0 and CRM 2011.

The CRM 4.0 uses MSCrmServices/2007/CrmService.asmx while CRM 2011 uses XRMServices/2011/Discovery.svc

Are there any extra features in later or any other specific difference?

Thanks for Help

Anwar

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 11:52 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Anwar,

MS CRM 2011 use wcf services, with new features added, In ms crm 2011 there is two service instead of three (like in ms crm 4.0), Iorganization service is used to fetch organization data and metdata from ms crm 2011, whereas discovery service function like it was in ms crm 4.0.

I will suggest you to check this SDK link which will help you to understand what is new in ms crm 2011

Our Website| Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 12:02 PM
  • You are comparing two different things.

The right one is CrmDiscoveryService.asmx VS Discovery.svc (these are the discovery service)

and CrmService.asmx VS Organization.svc and OrganizationData.svc (these are the organization service)

The first thing is that CRM 4.0 endpoints are ASMX webservices, CRM 2011 endpoints are WCF webservices.

The main feature of CRM 2011 endpoints is that they offer a REST interface for CRUD operations, but for other platform requests you still need to use SOAP.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 12:06 PM