none
Eligibility Issue RRS feed

• Question

• So I'm using my sister's old laptop, its a hand-me-down, and it originally come installed with Windows XP Home Edition.  About 2-3 weeks ago I installed Windows Vista Home Premium onto this laptop.  I have my own computer, that I bought from Dell, and it came with a Vista Home Premium disc to install on another Dell computer/laptop, but I use this laptop at school.  So now I've got a pop-up, popping up, saying I need to verify that this is a genuine version of Windows, or something like that.  I'm pretty sure that, IF, I uninstall Vista Home Premium-I have no idea how to-that I will not recieve this pop-up anymore.  Can I get some kind of help as to what I can/should do?
    • Moved by JeniferA Tuesday, October 14, 2008 4:04 PM GA question on Vista (Moved from Genuine Advantage Offers - Eligibility Issues Forum to Windows Vista Validation Issues (Windows Vista))
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 2:05 AM

Answers

• Hello Canadian Wilson,

Let me see if I am understanding you correctly. The hand-me-down computer is also a Dell system right? Next you mention owning another computer which is also a Dell. Curious are you attempting to use the Dell Recovery Media disc for the system you previously own and install onto the hand-me-down system? 

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager
    Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Saturday, October 18, 2008 1:20 AM
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 5:03 PM