No "Track in CRM" Button for appointment Outlook 2003 / CRM4 RRS feed

• Question

• We are having a problem on one computer where the "Track in CRM" button is not appearing for appointments in Outlook (Outlook 2003 / CRM4 with offline access) We have another user with the same configuration and it isn't a problem.

The user with the problem does have the "Track in CRM" button available for email but not for appointments (and I don't think it is available for tasks either.)

Also, if you select the appointment from the calendar and try to track it using the Outlook CRM bar, an error appears saying that items of this type cannot be synched to CRM.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

Thanks,

Kyle

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 8:36 PM

Answers

• Hi Kyle,

Does that person have other add-on intalled for Outlook? Is there any error message on the event viewer? If it's a desktop client, I would recommend uninstalling the desktop client and then reinstall again to see if the problem still remains.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 9:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Kyle,

Does that person have other add-on intalled for Outlook? Is there any error message on the event viewer? If it's a desktop client, I would recommend uninstalling the desktop client and then reinstall again to see if the problem still remains.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 9:18 PM
  • I had previously uninstalled and reinstalled the Outlook CRM client.

This time, I uninstalled the only add-on (GoToMeeting), uninstalled the CRM Client, did a Detect and Repair on Outlook and reset the Outlook settings, made sure all updates were installed, then reinstalled the CRM Client. Not sure what did it but now the button is appearing!

Thanks!

Kyle

Friday, December 19, 2008 6:03 PM