Genuine Microsoft Software Accusation RRS feed

• Question

• About one out of three times I open an office application, it claims my product does not pass validation. It has a countdown on it that blacklists my product in 10 days. This began when we moved to Kuwait about three weeks ago to teach at a college there.

Is the validation not passing because of this international location? The software came installed with my HP laptop which we purchased over 6 years ago with no problem in the USA. Other than the automatic updates that my computer is set for, there have been no changes to the microsoft office software.

Please advise as all the original disks are back in the USA.

Thanks
    Saturday, October 3, 2009 8:03 AM

Answers

• No reply from original poster.

Closing thread as Answered.

Darin MS
    Monday, October 12, 2009 9:32 PM

All replies

• I think you've hit the nail on the head re: location. A combination of Federal laws and Microsoft sales policies mean that a lot of software is region specific. The MS validation software might be checking your current IP address, not just your licences, and deciding that your versions are not valid in your current region - even if every single MS component you own/use is also available in that region.

I can't help you fix it but you could try using a US proxy server for your internet connection. This might be enough to fool the validation check IF this is the problem.
    Saturday, October 3, 2009 9:33 AM
  • Hello Truth and Integrity,

In order to recieve the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click the "Continue" button, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report into your post.

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Saturday, October 3, 2009 12:30 PM
  • No reply from original poster.

Closing thread as Answered.

Darin MS
    Monday, October 12, 2009 9:32 PM