Email--How to import the unresolved recipients in Email entity RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

We have wrote a custom EXE type of application using the CRM dll for DATA Importing and Updating.

During the email importing few records does not have the party list type of values , having email address only.

How to import the unresolved the recipients using the custom code, we do want to create any new records with the email address.

We are using the MS CRM 2011 on premise CRM. 

Any help will be appreciated?

Regards,

Priya

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 6:52 AM

All replies

• You can create a custom email field on email entity and import the email in that field.

After that you can run an update to populate recipients lookup using this custom email field.

Regards, Saad

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 7:02 AM
  • Thanks for you time. 

Could you please explain me how will update the records?

Already the To Recipient field value contains the emails address.

But a party list record should create ,to set the To Recipient field value in CRM internally

So how I will crate a partylist record with email address?

Regards,

Priya

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 8:02 AM
  • Hi Priya,

Partylist record will be contact, account, lead etc. 

You can run a sql update query to set lookup as per the email. Email will be present on Contact and Account Records. You can map that email to this email to update Recipient lookup.

Regards, Saad

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 8:59 AM
  • Hi Saad,

It is my mistake , May be I could not explain you properly.

With the email address no records exists in CRM. It is only email address which is being used to send emails.

I am facing problem during import for these types of records only. We do not want to create new records with email address.

Can you please tell what the other ways to handle these type of email records ?

Regards,

priya

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 9:14 AM
  • Hi Priya,

Activity Party list lookups can only handle six types of records i.e. Accounts, Contact, Lead, Facility, User and Queue.

You have to make a list of failed records and import those records to a custom email field. then run an update query on sql.

Regards, Saad

• Edited by Mohd Saad Tuesday, November 4, 2014 12:19 PM
    Tuesday, November 4, 2014 10:32 AM
  • Hi Priya, I am a bit confused about the requirements. This is what I understand. Please correct me if I am wrong. You have a utility to create email activities in CRM to track emails already sent?. There are few email address that are not a activity party in CRM. You wish to track these unresolved email address with out creating contacts in CRM?. Regards Jithesh
    Tuesday, November 4, 2014 11:42 AM
  • Hi Jithesh,

We migrating data from 4.0 CRM to 2011 . 

We have an in house exe which we use to migrate the data.

During our email import for few email records those  have to recipient is not a party list, got created in 2011 organization but the to fields are blank.

I have noticed those email records does not  have  to party list value having a column "ToRecipients" with TO emails addresses.

Even we have mapped the ToRecipients field value also during import. Which did not work.

So I want a solution to import the email records those does not have to party list and having simple email address.

I do not want to create new records in CRM with the unresolved email address.  

Regards,

Priya

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 12:10 PM
  • please check in your CRM 2011 system if the unresolved recipient settings is causing the to field to blank out when you do migration?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics/crm-customer-center/system-settings-dialog-box-email-tab.aspx

Allow messages with unresolved recipients to be sent

since the migration tool is custom, you could use a dummy contact for each unresolved email address in worst case. - this is just theory and I have not tried this.

1.create a dummy contact.

2. Add the unresolved email address.

3. Create email activities with this contact as party.

4. Use the same contact, update the email to next unresolved email address, repeat create email.

let us know if this works

regards

Jitheshsi1,2

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 12:26 PM
  • Hi Jithesh,

Sorry for the late reply. Was waiting for our client approval. 

Already we have set the setting in CRM to allow the unresolved recipients but it did not work.

And our client is not agreeing with go ahead with contact. Please let me know is there any other way to handle these type of records.

Regards,

Priya

Thursday, November 6, 2014 4:50 AM
  • Hi Priya,

This is what you can do:

1. You have to make a list of unresolved records and import those records.

2. Map unresolved emails to a custom email field.

3. Run an update query on sql.

Regards, Saad

Thursday, November 6, 2014 4:54 AM