Customize Member Lookup View RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to filter the results I get when adding existing records to some related record, with CRM 4.0.

As I read in the most topics on this kind of problem people are pointing to stunnware's Filtered Lookup, yet I don't really need all that functionality..

The thing is that even adding just one other search column would be enough, and I tried to use the available functionalities of the CRM; I saw that you can add some new find columns on the Member Lookup View of a custom entity as well as view columns. What is the purpose of those Find Columns?

And, does that Lookup View has anything to do with the lookup dialog that pops when I press "Add existing member" option, or is it just for the case one wants to add that specific type of entity from/into a lookup field?

Thanks,

Florin
    Tuesday, April 8, 2008 2:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Florin,

Not very sure what you want, but you can filter the lookup view, add the following code to the onLoad() event, you will see the owner lookup will only show the current users's manager.

Code Snippet

crmForm.all.ownerid.lookupbrowse = 1;
    crmForm.all.ownerid.additionalparams="fetchxml=<fetch mapping='logical'><entity name='systemuser'><order attribute='fullname' descending='false'/><filter type='and'><condition attribute='parentsystemuserid' operator='eq-user'/></filter></entity></fetch>";
    crmForm.all.ownerid.additionalparams += "&selObjects=2&findValue=0";

Give it a go, hope it helps.

Cheers,

Jim

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 4:46 PM
  • Hello, Jim!

Thank you for your reply and suggestion.

I suppose you gave that example for the case in which I use a lookup field on the entity form. The thing is that that's not my case. I'm talking about the lookup dialog which pops up when one presses the "Add existing member" menu option, in some related entity view from within the calling entity form (n-to-n relationship between two entities, one of them adds records of the other to 'its' internal view).

Anyway, that was not the question I'm asking. I was wondering about the functionality of the Find Columns customization. What can they change when one checks some different columns? I see the default goes to 'name', 'fullname' or other as such. Is there a visual change?.. Is there a behavior change in the search function?.. Does that change affect the popup dialog I'm talking about as well?

Thank you,
    Florin
    Wednesday, April 9, 2008 6:53 AM
  • here is creating custom search button

http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2008/01/10/creating-a-custom-search-button.aspx

it will help you to see advance find

for more see ms crm sdk.

Regard,s

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 12:58 PM
  • Hello,

While the link you posted is very good, and I thank you for that, it doesn't answer my question. I don't want to implement a new button right now, but how to customize that lookup dialog generated by the "Add existing member" option, of one entity's subview. If it's possible, that is. Smile

So, when one chooses that option, a lookup dialog will pop allowing the search for that related entity, with the possibility to filter them by its name, and only its name. When entities are found, in the left panel (there are two panels, one for search results, one for the entities you wish to add to your subview, i.e. to relate to the opened entity record), they can be added to the right panel.

I'm asking if I can customize that, or if the "Find columns" option, from the views customizations, has anything to do with it.

Well.. I don't think I can explain the situation better than this Smile

Thank you guys,
    Florin
    Thursday, April 10, 2008 6:57 AM
  • Hi there,

I am having exactly the same issue as Florin described. I am relating an account to an account (N:N) and displaying related account on an IFRAME, when I click on add existing in the IFRAME, I get all accounts and can only search by name instead of being able to filter the accounts shown; only show the account that have a bit flag set to true (doesn't really matter what the flag is).

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks guys.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 3:09 AM
  • Hey, Steven.

Any luck with that customization? I have yet to manage that issue.. the only possible solutions I find describe the situation where there's a lookup id on the entity form, and nothing for the related entity's IFrame view.

Thank you,
    Florin
    Monday, May 26, 2008 8:23 AM
  • Hi Florin,

I have the same problem. When I want  to select a record to add to a 1:N relation I only see 1 collum with non relevant information. I need more collums to be able to select the records I want to add to my relationship.

Do you already have a solution, if so please let me know,

Thanks,

Ed

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 1:10 PM
  • Hi.

The only way to go about it is to make unsupported changes MS (*.js and *.xml) files.

Adi

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 10:47 PM