none
Please allow search by the Author in the Gallery samples

General discussion

• I may know the author of the particular sample I am interested in but I see no way to search samples by the author.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Sunday, May 19, 2013 1:21 PM

All replies

• Good suggestion. I tried some searches in the Gallery. When I searched on my name I found all of my scripts, plus a few other cases where people gave me credit for something in comments. Two of my scripts that I found did not have my name in the script comment, so the search seemed to find me as author. However, when I searched for "Naomi N" I found nothing. I don't know why, because I found your script when I searched for "Naomi". The script I found had your full name in a comment. I don't know why I was able to find my scripts where my name did not appear anywhere.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:59 PM
  • I think I was searching for Olaf Helper script at the moment I posted that message. I don't recall exactly right now what was the script I was trying to find - probably automated scripting of CREATE TABLE using powershell. I also was not 100% sure if it was Olaf's or Sorna's script. In any case, after about 10 minutes searching I gave up.

My blog

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 7:28 PM
  • BTW, I started adding tag 'Naomi' to WiKi articles I create, but searching by this tag today in WiKi didn't bring my articles either.

My blog

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 7:30 PM
  • Naomi, you should find Wiki articles with the tag 'Naomi' now. I used the "TechNet Guru Contributions - May" to find 3 of yours. The tags included "T-SQL Naomi", which I corrected by adding a comma to "T-SQL, Naomi".

I added the tag rlmueller to my Wiki articles so I can find them. I use this tag search all the time. It is much easier than trying to remember the title, and even if I remember that, a search on many words results in way too many hits. Searching on my tag only results in my articles.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 10:26 PM
  • When I searched the Gallery for "Olaf Helper" I got 96 hits. A bit too many.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 10:33 PM