I can't get on MySpace IM giving me a firewall message. RRS feed

• Question

• I  can't use my MySpacr IM due to Firewalll issues what can I do about this?
    Monday, April 6, 2009 9:02 PM

Answers

• Open One Care>Change Settings>Firewall>Advanced Settings>Programs and add the executable for the IM program.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Monday, April 6, 2009 9:15 PM
  • You can also turn off the firewall in OneCare temporarily to confirm that it is in fact the OneCare firewall that is blocking your program. You'll find the off/on toggle on the Firewall tab under change settings. If the program works with the firewall off, you will likely need to use jim's instructions to allow it access. If that does not work and it works only with the firewall off, please contact OneCare support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 10:58 AM

All replies

• Open One Care>Change Settings>Firewall>Advanced Settings>Programs and add the executable for the IM program.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Monday, April 6, 2009 9:15 PM
  • You can also turn off the firewall in OneCare temporarily to confirm that it is in fact the OneCare firewall that is blocking your program. You'll find the off/on toggle on the Firewall tab under change settings. If the program works with the firewall off, you will likely need to use jim's instructions to allow it access. If that does not work and it works only with the firewall off, please contact OneCare support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 10:58 AM