What equipments are required for Server computer? (Dell Power Edge 2600)? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I want to purchase a server computer for office for 10 users. And I will purchase perhaps Dell Power Edge 2600 I have already 10 monitors , key board and mouses. Now what equipments and wires  etc I should purchase other than server. Please guide me. And please guide from where I can get map guidance to link the Monitors from different tables in the office to the server.
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Friday, January 29, 2010 3:24 PM Off topic.
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Friday, January 29, 2010 3:24 PM Off topic. (From:Microsoft Security Essentials: Getting Started and Upgrading)
    Friday, January 29, 2010 2:13 PM

All replies

• Off topic...

Doc

Friday, January 29, 2010 2:54 PM
  • You're off topic for the forum that you posted to.
    I would move your post to another forum and out of the off-topic holding area where it was moved to, but that would also be off topic.
    What you are describing will not work. A server is not a PC that you can connect monitors to for multiple users. You still need workstations to connect to the server, if it will host applications and files. These workstations would be nothing more than terminals, but they will not just be monitors and keyboards, they will still be computers.
    I think that you need to consult with a local computer shop to determine what your best solution may be as there are scads of issues to be considered for a 10 seat configuration and a server and this is beyond that capability of forums and self-help to describe to you.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Friday, January 29, 2010 3:42 PM