New Hard Drive - Reinstaling OneCare on same computer - After restoring it with Factory Disks RRS feed

• Question

• hi, i was wondering if there was a way to reinstall onto my same computer after resoring it with factory disks. without using up one of the spots in my onecare circle. i want to only have one computer registered. not both of them while the other one is the same computer. if you would be so kind as to provide me with any tips or suggestions they would be appreciated. im not sure if this can be done or if im asking a dumb question. im a "newbie" so please be aware of that.  =]
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 12:53 AM

Answers

• No question is dumb.

Yes, a reinstall and activation on the same PC does not use up a license. You only have one computer represented by that activation, since the old activation is no longer running. If your PC has a different name, you can, if you want, use the function in OneCare to make the PC a Hub in your OneCare Circle and remove the ghost entry in your Circle from your subscription by clicking remove this PC for the details on the old PC name in the list shown.

I'm moving your post to the Install and Activate topic folder.

-steve

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 4:09 PM