Office Activation Question RRS feed

• Question

• If I installed Office 2007 Professional with the key I received for being part of the PowerTogether.com promotion, if I uninstall Office so that I can install it on another computer, is there anything I have to do, or does the software deactivate automatically when I uninstall it, and re-activate on the new computer?  I'm giving the program to a relative who needs it more than I do.
    Tuesday, January 30, 2007 9:22 PM

Answers

• Hi Throasaurus,

You will want to read the MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS.  You can locate them by opening Outlook, clicking on HELP --> ABOUT MICROSOFT OFFICE OUTLOOK and then clicking on the hyperlink VIEW THE MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS link.  The text is small, but you can print it out for easier reading. 

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
    Michelle

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 9:50 PM
  • Thorasaurus:

Sorry, but legal related questions as to EULA should be forwarded to our legal department. You can find their contact information at www.microsoft.com.

-phil

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 7:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Throasaurus,

You will want to read the MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS.  You can locate them by opening Outlook, clicking on HELP --> ABOUT MICROSOFT OFFICE OUTLOOK and then clicking on the hyperlink VIEW THE MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS link.  The text is small, but you can print it out for easier reading. 

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
    Michelle

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 9:50 PM
  • I read the information and I think I understand.  Just so I know, though, in plain English, if I uninstall my software and transfer the product to a third party, they will be able to use my key with no problems as long as I have uninstalled the software on my machine and as long as they do not transfer again within 90 days?  I just want to make sure that the activation does not stay on this machine, thus preventing a third party from installing it and using it to its full ability.

Thanks for the help in advance.
    Wednesday, January 31, 2007 2:59 AM
  • Thorasaurus:

Sorry, but legal related questions as to EULA should be forwarded to our legal department. You can find their contact information at www.microsoft.com.

-phil

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 7:21 PM