Working on (account)Lookup Field in contact RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having contact entity and account entity, I am having a custom field "new_verified" in account which is Two Optionset with "Yes" and "No" ,I want create a contact based on that field like if it is "Yes" then the verified records must be available in the lookup field which is in contact "parentcustomerid"(Account Name) please,help me regarding this !!

Thank & regards,

Rajitha.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 10:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Rajitha,

If I understood, you need that the account, when is verified. need to add inside the lookup field "parentcustomerid" else no. is it correct?

If the answer is "yes", you can creat a custom in lookup. In this way when you work with this lookup, you can watch the right information.

For example:

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/crmpowerobjects/archive/2013/08/05/creating-a-custom-filtered-lookup-in-crm-2011

Alessandro Graps

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 11:16 AM
  • Hi Rajitha

Have a look at the Account entity's views.  There is an Account Lookup View in there.  In the new view add filter criteria to only show active accounts where the field "new_verified" is equal to yes.  This would enable you to only show "new_verified" accounts when users want to pick a "parentcustomerid" for a contact.

Be careful though as the Account Lookup View is used wherever a lookup to account is used.  You could add JavaScript to the forms to limit the views in the Account Lookup Dialog box per form but not sure how supported this is.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 11:21 AM