MSN moneycentral Portfolio Manager RRS feed

• General discussion

• Beginning yesterday, the quotes in Portfolio Manager are messed up.  In particular, the "Last" column that normally shows the $1.00 per share value for all of my various money market mutual funds (Vanguard, Fidelity, etc.) is now showing blanks, such that the market value column now shows "N/A" as the value for each of those holdings.  What is going on?

Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:06 PM

All replies

• Same for me. I have Fidelity money market fund (FGMXX) in my portfolio and it has stopped reporting a NAV value for it. If you try to get an MSN quote on it, it doesn't work either (saying "Information on FGMXX is not available"). But Yahoo still will quote it OK. Don't know why MSN seems to have stopped reporting all money market fund values. Sure wish they would fix it as it really screws up my portfolio view to the point of being useless. May finally be time to move on to something else...... sigh. Thank you Microsoft.
    Monday, June 24, 2013 3:32 PM
  • I posted the following message on Microsoft's  MSN Portfolio Manager   sister Web site forum:

"When will MS correct the lack of price updating and portfolio valuing that has been down since Friday, June 21, 2013?"

Previous to this I received this message from Ron Prichard, Investing Editor, MSN Money:

"Portfolio Manager: Since these changes rolled out June 18, a number of users have reported problems with our Silverlight portfolio manager not updating. This was not intended, and we’re working hard to clear it up quickly, though I can’t promise you a day at this time."

It would be nice to know if they are talking hours, days, weeks, or months so we can make a decision to change away from MS.  Ask him yourselves at  onpri@microsoft.com   and keep you finger crossed.

Tom V.

Monday, June 24, 2013 5:22 PM
  • It is ronpri@microsoft.com
    Monday, June 24, 2013 7:08 PM
  • My understanding is they changed their quote provider to Morningstar on 6/18 without proper testing which affected some online pages or local programs on your PC that rely on such. It has been almost a week but hopefully they will either fix it soon or provide its users with an expectation as to when it will be fixed so those that can't wait can find alternatives.

Monday, June 24, 2013 8:37 PM