Any way to add additionnal Phone Numbers in MOC

Question

• By default in the MOC client,  Work Phone, Mobile Phone and Home Phone are all mapped to "Phone Numbers" found in AD.

If I want to add an additionnal phone number that we already have in AD: IPPhone.

Here there a way to add additionnal numbers in the MOC client?

What about the "Other Phone" field in the MOC?  In what field it is mapped in AD?

Regards

JP

Thursday, September 25, 2008 12:02 PM

Answers

• The "Other Phone" field in OC is linked to the otherTelephone attribute in Active Directory which is accessible from the "Other..." button next to the Telephone number: in AD Users & Computers.

Thursday, September 25, 2008 5:02 PM

All replies

• The "Other Phone" field in OC is linked to the otherTelephone attribute in Active Directory which is accessible from the "Other..." button next to the Telephone number: in AD Users & Computers.

Thursday, September 25, 2008 5:02 PM
  •  

Thanks Jeff.

The ABS configuration Tool lack of documentation...

But I finally figured it out.  I did use the IPPhone field in AD and used the ABS configuration Tool to do a mapping with the "Other" field in OC.

Thanks again for your time.

Regards

JP

Thursday, September 25, 2008 5:07 PM
  • Can you please elaborate more on this?. How did you use ABS tool to map IPPhone field to Other field in OC.

Thanks

Yuichu

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 7:27 PM
  • Yuichu,

The OCS Resource Kit tools contain a tool called the ABS Configuration Tool (ABSConfig.exe).  The Configure attributes tab allows you to choose an existing AD attribute and map it to a defined field in the OC Address Book.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Saturday, December 13, 2008 2:31 PM