Error code 0x80ef01a5 (authentication failed) on Communicator Mobile RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using Communicator Mobile on Windows Mobile 5 and I'm not able to sign-in (however, all is working fine using the client on Windows Vista). I added the root certificate on the device and I don't know where the problem is.

Thanks in advance!

Thierry

Sunday, April 15, 2007 5:58 PM

Answers

• Communicator mobile v1.0 is not compatible with OCS2007.  A new version of CoMo will be shipped that functions with OCS2007

thanks.
    Monday, May 7, 2007 11:23 PM

All replies

• I can't offer a fix, but I can confirm the error. Based on my testing, this seems to be related to  a user account issue since I was able to setup Mobile Communicator with a different user on the same device without issue.

I will continue troubleshooting and post any updates.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 10:43 AM
  • I'm assuming you are using Mobile Communicator 2005? If so, and a user has "Enhanced Presence" enabled, I believe you won't be able to use Mobile Communicator 2005.

Does this help?

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 3:26 PM
  • Hi,

what is enhanced presence ? I just created some users and enabled the IM on them.

Thanks in advance

Thierry

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 5:31 AM
  • Thanks Sam. That worked for me. Is there a Mobile Communicator 2007 on the way do you know?

Thierry - If you check user options, there is a setting down at the end "Enable enhanced presence" with a note "Enhanced presence cannot be changed once it has been set". For me this is selected and greyed out for any users I set up on OCS2007. But if I move a user from LCS2005 to OCS2007 it's not set, but with the option to select.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 11:12 AM
  • Another user posted that Communicator Mobile is scheduled to be out in May. Not verified though.
    Thursday, April 26, 2007 11:32 PM
  • I'm still unable to disable the "enhanced presence" tag. I'll try to disable it using adsiedit.
    Thursday, May 3, 2007 7:35 AM
  • I found something interesting! A new user can use Mobile Communicator (the lastest client) on a PPC if the user account was not used on Windows for logging in the Office Communication Server 2007. If I use the account with Office Communicator, I'm unable to reuse the account on the PPC.

BTW, I'm unable to exchange messages between a user on PPC and a user on Windows (both users can communicate on Office Communicator 2007 without problem).

Thursday, May 3, 2007 10:55 AM
  • Communicator mobile v1.0 is not compatible with OCS2007.  A new version of CoMo will be shipped that functions with OCS2007

thanks.
    Monday, May 7, 2007 11:23 PM
  • When can we expect the 2007 version. Is there a way to join the beta testing program? Please let me know.

Thomas
    Sunday, July 22, 2007 7:30 AM
  • Hi All,

Just a short post to mention that my CoMo Mobile shows the same error.  Version is 1.0.703.0

:-(

Wim

Thursday, January 31, 2008 4:33 PM
  • I found something interesting! A new user can use Mobile Communicator (the lastest client) on a PPC if the user account was not used on Windows for logging in the Office Communication Server 2007. If I use the account with Office Communicator, I'm unable to reuse the account on the PPC.

BTW, I'm unable to exchange messages between a user on PPC and a user on Windows (both users can communicate on Office Communicator 2007 without problem).

Did you find the solution to this. i am having the exact problem with ocs 2007r2 and the R1 version of mobile communicator.
    Sunday, April 5, 2009 11:11 PM